Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Mama's on vacation

Last year on Labor Day I was with Andrew and Taylor. This year things fell into place for us to continue our tradition this year too.

On Friday after John, Marisa, and Kaitlin got out of class, we all met up at our house. Carl packed up the van and off we went- Destination ARAB, Alabama. If you know where Arab is, you are either related to me or know your geography of Alabama very well.

We ate supper in Decatur at a Cracker Barrel before we cruised into the Jamison Inn in Arab.

We got up on Saturday in the pouring rain- Destination AUBURN. Below are two of my girls as we drove after we picked up Grandma. Thankfully we got out of the rain as soon as we got to Birmingham. Carl was trying out a new MIFI. I wish I could tell you exactly what is it but you'll have to google it to get that but I do know that it acts like a cel phone and a modem so that we could be online as we tooled down the highway. Kaitlin chatted with Brittany and Ross, checked the weather to know how long we would be in the rain, and generally had a wonderful time with it.

I didn't get my camera out one time at our tailgate! Kaitlin did and I'll link you all over to her blog when she gets those up.

We dropped off Grandmother at Carl's sister's lake house and then we headed to the Rushing's tailgate. There were about 25 of us. We had amazing chicken and wings. Rita, Chris's mama, even made Toomer's lemonade - can you say yum yum! We had all kinds of desserts and chips. My two brothers and their wives came over from Atlanta. I need to mention their names- Charles and Frances and John and Elaine. Charles- you made it into a blog! Frank Buttler and his wife, Kathy came over from their RV to join in the laughing and food. Meredith and Katy Braden rounded out the folks that I knew there. We had a wonderful time visiting and laughing and eating.

Those going to the game left about 3 pm. Taylor and I stayed at the RV with John& Elaine and Charles&Frances. Chris showed me how to get to the AUBURN game on the TV and I forgot. John and Charles stayed with me and got the game on for me before they headed back to Atlanta.

Taylor and I used the afore mentioned MIFI to surf the web as the game was on. We had a good visit too.

Our group got back to the Rushings about 10:30. They took Marisa to Toomer's so she could see all the toilet paper. We got to our motel about 11:30. We all slept well. On Sunday we rearranged the content of the vehicles so I could have a van to ride in. I think we look like the Beverly Hillbillies.



We ate lunch at Laredo's, Andrew's pick. I had my camera out. I told Carl I wanted to take his picture and this is what he did. Maybe this is what happens to him when he spends lots of time with us, I am not too sure.
Chris joined us for a visit.
Before we left we got some Toomer's drinks. I am a lemonade girl but K and A like the limeade. Then we parted. Andrew and Taylor and me to their home and the rest of my family back to Arkansas. Andrew is already telling Kaitlin that he wants me to stay with them for 4 or 5 weeks. Kaitlin told him, in no uncertain terms, that 2 weeks was the max. ( Music to a mother's ears, my children are fighting over me)

Andrew got my phone this morning and sent Kaitlin a text saying that I was having such a good time that I was going to stay a month. We'll just say, he got the reaction he wanted. I had to promise Kaitlin that I would guard my phone better.

The next few weeks of posts will be of my trip. I am excited to be here.

1 comment:

Transforming Julie said...

Sounds like you're off to a fantastic time. Keep it going.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails