Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ok on the outside but shaky on the inside

Last week was very eventful for me. I had my colonoscopy a week ago today and then on Thursday I was on my way home from a lunch with Faith and I was rear-ended.

I can still hear the screeching of the brakes and the thud of that car hitting my van. My body wasn't hurt, just shaken up. My van wasn't hurt just a mark on the back bumper but my inners are still not quite right. I was stopped at a light. I was doing nothing wrong. I was in control or so I thought I was.

I have a friend whose husband is a pilot. His company has not been doing well and lay-offs are a regular occurrence. Pilot hubby was in a plane on the tarmac and it started to roll. Parking brake didn't work. It hit several planes before coming to a stop. Pilot hubby did nothing wrong but now who is at fault.

I can, in a very small way, understand how pilot hubby feels and it is a terrible feeling.

I am thankful that I know One who is in control. He is never surprised and there are no accidents to Him.

I am moved now by all the times in the Bible where the words 'steadfast love' jump off the page at me. His love doesn't move or get jarred or stop, it is steadfast.

So here is my theme song for today and for the next many days until I get my inners more focused on Him.

From Ps 92:1 and 2

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, to sing praises to your name, O Most High,
to declare your steadfast love in the morning and your faithfulness by night.

How are your inners today?




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails