Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Good Bye, Self

As we die to self, we are no longer interested in keeping score. As we die to self, we feel no need to protect our own interests. As we die to self, when our brothers do us wrong, we find it easier to forgive- for who can harm a dead man.

I first saw this many years ago. I believe it is credited to Les Newsome. I saw it again a few days ago just when I need it... Someone wronged me and I came up ready for a fight. Now, someday I may need to confront about said wrong but first I need to get my attitude right. This saying hit me right between the eyes and drove me to my knees.

Still on my knees for now.


1 comment:

Sarah Barry said...

Ellen, glad you found me. Your blog is great. I know my mom has enjoyed reading it.

I love your post Mama was Right. Hilarious.

War Eagle to you too!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails