Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I saw Six Flags under water

My friend KimR came to get me at my motel on Monday. It was raining some but we thought nothing of it really. My motel was about an hour from her house so we drove along in her zippy fun car. I'll take a picture next time. She was sad that we couldn't have the top down on her cute car as we drove down the interstate. She took me to her house. It was the most darling house and subdivision I have ever seen. It looked like it belonged on Walt Disney World's main street. This picture doesn't do it justice. I loved seeing it.
Then she and I went to lunch in Buford. Food was wonderful, fellowship with an old friend was priceless. Kim and I met as Freshman in high school. I spent lots of nights at her house. We were in each other's weddings. It is great to have a friend that you can pick right up with no matter how many years have gone by.
After lunch, KimR drove me back to my motel. I was in a motel by the airport. She was going to come up to my room but because of the rain she felt she should head on back.

Boy, we are glad she did. She made it through I 85 and then heard on the radio that it was just closed. Carl's flight landed with no problem that night.

We got up at 5 EST to head back to LR. We did ok on I 85 and the little bit of 285 we were on was open. We got on I 20 to head east and well.... It took us 3 hours to find a road that was open that would lead us to I 20. That was a long 3 hours. Carl, Mr Nerves of Steel, went in to spy mode and used his blackberry to find us a road that was open. I, on the other hand, was in panic mode. At one turn, I asked if we could stop so I could 'powder my nose'. The bathroom was closed due to no water. That didn't help me at all.

After we got out of Atlanta the trip home was very uneventful which was fine with me.

It is good to be home.

I went through my newspapers today and the mail.

Riding in the car is hard on my back so I knew today would be a painful one. I had a dentist appointment today because of a cavity. My dentist has a massaging chair. I am a chicken and need gas to have my teeth filled. Get this picture- back pain + massaging chair + gas = a great, no, I mean, a GREAT visit to the dentist. I asked if I could visit them again tomorrow. Dr Bob and his assistant just laughed.

I was serious, oh well, I do feel better tonight.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails