Wow! I just found 5.00$!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Hail Him who saves You by his grace


On Sunday morning, I went to church with Andrew and Taylor. The Pastor's talk was about the Sovereignty of God. He talked about our understanding of sovereignty. Do we fully realize that God is in control and we are not? I needed to hear that because I often think I am in control. He quoted Proverbs 21:1 The King's heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he (God) turns it wherever he will. So my boss or president or teacher or anyone who has some control in my life is really doing what God has commanded.

Pastor Danner asked if we lived like we believed in the sovereignty of God. Do I give thanks in all circumstances like I Thessalonians 5:18 tells me to do.

We also sang a song that had a line that really struck me. The song is "From the Inside Out" by Joel Houston. The line is Your will above all else my purpose remains, The art of losing myself in bringing You praise. I am usually so busy in making a name for myself and getting what is mine that I was convicted about losing myself to bring God praise.


After lunch it was time to leave.

How hard is it to leave a baby you love. Wasn't it just yesterday that he was born? Now he has a wife and a house and a life apart from mine, which I am all thankful for but I still am a mama and love to have all my babies close. I am glad I can practice the above the sovereignty of God. Plus I am glad to leave when we are having fun as oppose to them and me wishing I had only stayed a week.
Supper with my brother and sister in law, Charles and Frances in Atlanta. What a laughing good time we always have. We had hoped to have Meredith join us but the weather kept her from us. Next time, Mev!Today I plan to spent the day with KimR and I am so excited. She has been my friend for over 35 years. How fun is that. I last saw KimR two years ago at Andrew and Taylor's wedding.

I hope your day is fun too.

2 comments:

Mev said...

Next time, definitely!

I will try to get that box in the mail to you this week - I hope you enjoy it!

fgpuckett said...

Very fun visiting with Carl and you! Hope you survived the rain! Wasn't it awful? I can't remember that last time schools were closed due to it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails